Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

Waggotamp
Alfred

I'm looking for some instructions on how to set the email notification thresholds?

Many thanks,
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

AlfredC
Administrator
Hello,

The thresholds used for sending email notifications are the same as those you set with your Instant Messaging client.
So, if you want to get notified if CO2 level exceeds 800ppm you can send LiV an IM command "set CO2 more 800". You can then check alarm status with "alarms".

So, if an alarm threshold is exceeded and you set up notifications by email, you will get a notification by Instant Messaging first, followed by another notification by email.


On a related topic: Currently LiV blinks the LCD display readings if CO2 level exceeds 1000ppm. If you want to change that, you can modify the "ALARM_LEVELS" section in /home/pi/liv/livLCD/livLCD.config. The alarms levels here only control the blinking alerts on LCD - if measurements exceed pre-defined thresholds.

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

Waggotamp
Hello Alfred 

I wonder if it is possible to edit the file that the XMPP writes those thresholds too, to save everyone that wants to use the email notification without having to go through the setup of the messaging option?

Thank you


On Jan 2, 2016, at 5:22 PM, AlfredC [via LiV Pi Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

The thresholds used for sending email notifications are the same as those you set with your Instant Messaging client.
So, if you want to get notified if CO2 level exceeds 800ppm you can send LiV an IM command "set CO2 more 800". You can then check alarm status with "alarms".

So, if an alarm threshold is exceeded and you set up notifications by email, you will get a notification by Instant Messaging first, followed by another notification by email.


On a related topic: Currently LiV blinks the LCD display readings if CO2 level exceeds 1000ppm. If you want to change that, you can modify the "ALARM_LEVELS" section in /home/pi/liv/livLCD/livLCD.config. The alarms levels here only control the blinking alerts on LCD - if measurements exceed pre-defined thresholds.

 



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/Setting-Email-threshold-notifications-tp59p60.html
To unsubscribe from Setting 'Email' threshold notifications, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

AlfredC
Administrator
Yes, it's possible to edit the rules manually in the /home/pi/liv/livXMPP/livXMPP.config files.
For example you can have a rule saying

[co2]
alarm = more 800

however in order to receive email notifications, XMPP process should be running - which means email notifications only work if you configured Instant Messaging on LiV Pi.
LiV is designed to be controlled using Instant Messages: I was planning to have all configuration settings available via IM commands (e.g. turn off email alerts, editing email address to/from, etc...). Having all LiV configuration supported with IM commands will simplify the development of mobile apps (Android, iPhone) in the future.

That being said, now I am thinking that email notifications should work even if XMPP process is not running: I think it is worth creating a separate, independent process for sending email (both notifications and/or periodic reports). I can do that in the next release.    
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

Waggotamp
Hello Alfred 

Thanks for the great info!

A few more points to consider during development 

1) Multiple LiV units in one facility all emailing me will get confusing if we cannot identify the box in the email subject line. 

2) Would it be possible to have a setting to stop multiple emails as a unit threshold setting is hovering around the alarm threshold triggering a multitude of emails. A delay in time or degrees/value would do it

3) can we have additional text in the body of the emails so we can say things like "Open Doors Now!"

4) can we send to multiple email accounts?

The system works awesome! The emails are the way to go. 



Thank you


On Jan 2, 2016, at 10:07 PM, AlfredC [via LiV Pi Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, it's possible to edit the rules manually in the /home/pi/liv/livXMPP/livXMPP.config files.
For example you can have have a rule saying

[co2]
alarm = more 800

however in order to receive email notifications, XMPP process should be running - which means email notifications only work if you configured Instant Messaging on LiV Pi.
LiV is designed to be controlled using Instant Messages: I was planning to have all configuration settings available via IM commands (e.g. turn off email alerts, editing email address to/from, etc...). Having all LiV configuration supported with IM commands will simplify the development of mobile apps (Android, iPhone) in the future.

That being said, now I am thinking that email notifications should work even if XMPP process is not running: I think it is worth creating a separate, independent process for sending email (both notifications and/or periodic reports). I can do that in the next release.    



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/Setting-Email-threshold-notifications-tp59p62.html
To unsubscribe from Setting 'Email' threshold notifications, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

AlfredC
Administrator
Hi Tony,

I added your suggestions wrt. email here: http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/List-of-new-features-to-be-implemented-tc38.html

I will implement the new features in the next release. I will send you a custom image that you can test before the official release.

Thanks for your input,

-AlfredC

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

Waggotamp
Hi Alfred

Thanks for moving my requests to the correct forum section - sorry about that.

I sent a little thank you to your office address, I hope that you get it soon!


Thank you,

Tony Wagner








Odorhog Vent Pipe Filters
Po Box 757 
Invermere BC V0A 1K0
Canada

Call Us to order today!
1 855 604 6464





On Jan 4, 2016, at 12:40 AM, AlfredC [via LiV Pi Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tony,

I added your suggestions wrt. email here: http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/List-of-new-features-to-be-implemented-tc38.html

I will implement the new features in the next release. I will send you a custom image that you can test before the official release.

Thanks for your input,

-AlfredC




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/Setting-Email-threshold-notifications-tp59p64.html
To unsubscribe from Setting 'Email' threshold notifications, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Setting 'Email' threshold notifications

AlfredC
Administrator
Hi Tony,

No worries, thank you for suggesting new features.

And many thanks for the gift, I'll let you know when I get it!!

Best,

-Alfred


 



On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Waggotamp [via LiV Pi Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alfred

Thanks for moving my requests to the correct forum section - sorry about that.

I sent a little thank you to your office address, I hope that you get it soon!


Thank you,

Tony Wagner








Odorhog Vent Pipe Filters
Po Box 757 
Invermere BC V0A 1K0
Canada

Call Us to order today!
<a href="tel:1%20855%20604%206464" value="+18556046464" target="_blank">1 855 604 6464





On Jan 4, 2016, at 12:40 AM, AlfredC [via LiV Pi Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tony,

I added your suggestions wrt. email here: http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/List-of-new-features-to-be-implemented-tc38.html

I will implement the new features in the next release. I will send you a custom image that you can test before the official release.

Thanks for your input,

-AlfredC




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/Setting-Email-threshold-notifications-tp59p64.html
To unsubscribe from Setting 'Email' threshold notifications, click here.
NAML




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://liv-pi-forum.1124721.n5.nabble.com/Setting-Email-threshold-notifications-tp59p65.html
To start a new topic under Software, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Software, click here.
NAML



--
Alfred Chioiu
Founder
First Cypress 

Loading...